While several cosmetic treatments are available to enhance a person’s appearance, permanent cosmetics are a one-of-a-kind solution. They allow people to look fresh and beautiful at all times without any need to put on makeup.
What Are Permanent Cosmetics?
Also called micro-pigmentation or permanent makeup, this distinctive cosmetic procedure involves the careful usage of hypo-allergenic pigments to enhance a person’s appearance in ways that mimic natural makeup. Permanent cosmetics can be used to simulate the effects of a wide range of cosmetics, including lipstick, eyeshadow, and brow pencils.
This revolutionary technique is simple, safe, and works like magic. With the help of micro-needles, the chosen pigments are implanted into the dermal layer to provide an impressive appearance that lasts.
The results of permanent cosmetics results can last up to two years or even longer, depending upon factors like the age of your skin, the extent of exposure to the sun, skin tone, and pigments used.
Are You the Right Candidate for Permanent Makeup?
You are a good candidate for permanent cosmetics if you:
- Are always on the go and have no time for frequent touchups
- Want to look your best all the time
- Regularly take part in activities that smear or smudge your makeup
- Have lost definition in your features
- Have sparse eyelashes and eyebrows, thin and uneven lips, or other symptoms of aging
- Are allergic to conventional cosmetics
- Are experiencing hair loss
- Are suffering from medical conditions such as vitiligo or alopecia
- Are in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations and a positive attitude
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, prone to scarring, have HIV or diabetes, are taking blood thinners, or have active acne in the intended treatment areas, you may not be a good candidate for permanent cosmetics.
How Are Permanent Cosmetics Applied?
Before application of permanent cosmetics, you will discuss your aesthetic goals with a skilled medical professional. You will choose the colors you prefer and the areas of your face that you would like to enhance.
Generally, the application procedure lasts for about two hours but can vary based on your beauty goals. The process uses techniques similar to the ones used for tattooing and requires only minimal downtime.
First, a scratch test will be performed on your finger to check whether you are allergic to the pigments. A numbing agent will then be used on the treatment areas to keep you comfortable throughout the process. The pigments are then skillfully placed below your epidermis using precise needles.
How Is Permanent Makeup Beneficial?
- Application of permanent cosmetics allows you to stay fresh and attractive even while working out in the gym, swimming, or relaxing on the beach.
- Since you will not need to purchase new makeup, the technique saves you money in the long run.
- Because you will not need to apply makeup on a daily basis, you will be saving hours during your week.
Learn More About Permanent Cosmetics
Achieve the lasting beauty you deserve – contact U Med Spa to set up a consultation and find out more about what permanent cosmetics can do for you. Our experienced professionals will be available to answer your questions and get you started with the process.